Join us for a day trip to one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Austria: Hallstatt-Dachstein- Salzkammergut. You can already get a glimpse of the beautiful Hallstättersee (Lake Hallstatt) through the bus window since we will take the scenic route along the lake. Hallstatt was able to develop because of its salt production which can be dated back to prehistoric times. In the late Bronze and early Iron Age, the predominant culture in central and western Europe was known as the Hallstatt culture. For that reason, we will visit the Hallstatt Salt Mine. We will take a ropeway ride up the salt mountain to have a guided tour in the salt mine, where a traditional “Miners’ Welcome”, a salt lake and a miners’ slide await you.
After the tour we will go to the scenic platform “Skywalk World Heritage View“, from which we will get a fantastic view of the region Salzkammergut and you will have the opportunity to take Instagram worthy photos with the Hallstättersee (Lake Hallstatt) and the Dachstein mountains as the backdrop. In the afternoon, you can explore the salt mountain further or the town of Hallstatt with its cute cafes and restaurants. Hallstatt itself is so picturesque that a full-scale replica of the entire town was built in China. Parts of the popular K-drama series Endless Love were also filmed there.
WHEN: October 12, 2019 (Sat), 07:00 – ca. 20:00
MEETING POINT: At 07:00 at Andreas-Hofer-Platz
COSTS: €45 without ESNcard €35 with ESNcard
SIGN-UP: During office hours, from September 25 (Wed) - October 09 (Wed)
1. Please bring your confirmation sheet to the meeting point (from the sign-up).
2. Please make sure to wear good shoes (e.g. sports shoes/ sneakers. No flip-flops or the like!). Also bring warm clothes with you (temperature in the mine is around 8°C). Because of safety reasons you are not allowed to join us on the trip if you are not properly dressed or equipped for the trip (shoes, warm clothes).
3. Bring an umbrella in case of rain.
4. From the moment you get on the bus until we get to the skywalk, we won’t be able to buy food. Therefore, bring your own breakfast, snacks, drinks, even lunch if you want. During the self-guided afternoon programme, you can to go to a restaurant or cafe.
5. Don't forget your camera.
6. You will receive an e-mail in the evening before the event with the latest updates regarding the Hallstatt trip.
07:00 Meet-up & Departure to Hallstatt (Andreas-Hofer-Platz). Be on time!
10:00 Arrival at the bus terminal in Hallstatt
10:00-14:00 Programme at the salt mountain (ropeway ride, guided tour in the salt mine, group picture at the scenic platform "Skywalk World Heritage View”)
14:00-17:00 Free time for personal interests: Visit the town center, etc.
17:00 Departure to Graz (Meeting point Hallstatt bus terminal)
20:00 Arrival in Graz The schedule might change depending on the weather conditions (Just the activities. The trip to Hallstatt will take place in any weather!). If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.
PS: A free audio guide app for your phone is available in several languages. For more information visit https://www.salzwelten.at/en/hallstatt/group-travel/
Please note: When you take part in one of our events, you do so at your own risk and your own responsibility! We do not take any responsibility! Make sure that you have appropriate insurance