Join this year’s trip to Dachstein, which is the highest mountain in Styria and Upper Austria. In addition, the famous town of Hallstatt is on our schedule.
We’ll go up the mountain by cable car to go to the spectacular viewing platform 5fingers. There you’ll have a wonderful view of the Hallstättersee lake and the Salzkammergut, which is a UNESCO World Heritage. Afterwards, we are going to have a guided tour in English in the Ice Cave.
In the afternoon, we will visit the well-known town Hallstatt. It is so beautiful that the Chinese built a replica of it. The town of Hallstatt could develop because of the salt deposit nearby. Salt is still mined there today.
WHEN: Sunday, 14th October 2018, from 07:30 a.m. until 09:00 p.m. the latest
MEETING POINT: at 07:15 at Franz-Graf-Allee (next to the Opera house)
COSTS: 45 € (55 € without ESNcard)
SIGN UP: During office hours
Here is a little guide about the Dachstein trip with several important remarks:
1. Please bring your confirmation sheets which you got during sign-up
2. Please make sure to wear good shoes (no Flip-Flops or something like that!)
3. Take warm clothes because it is cold in the cave and on the mountain (2995 meter); on the mountain there may be snow
4. Bring an umbrella in case of rain
5. Prepare some snacks and beverages because it will be expensive in the restaurant on the mountain and we may not have enough time to get food there
6. Bring sun screen if it is sunny
7. Don't forget your camera
8. Happy mood and lots of excitement!
· 7:15 Meeting point (Franz-Graf-Allee, next to Opera). PLEASE be on time!
· 10:00 Cable car ride up the mountain
Visit of the Viewing Platform 5fingers
Guided tour in English trough the Ice Cave
· 16:30 Trip to Hallstatt
· 18:30 Return to Graz
· 21:00 Arrival in Graz
Note: The schedule might change depending on the weather conditions and we can't guarantee that all the attractions are open.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us
PS: Free audio guide app for your phone available in several languages. For more info see: http://www.dachstein-salzkammergut.com/en/dachstein/service/audioguide-app/
PLEASE NOTE: When you take part in one of our events, you do so at your own risk! We do not take any responsibility! Make sure that you have an appropriate insurance!