Join our trip to “Dachstein” and visit the highest mountain in Styria and Upper Austria.
We will go up the mountain by cable car and have a guided tour in English in the Mammoth Cave. Afterwards, we are going to the spectacular viewing platform 5fingers. There you will have a wonderful view of the Hallstättersee lake and the Salzkammergut, which is a UNESCO World Heritage.
In the afternoon, we will visit the well-known town Hallstatt. It is so beautiful that the Chinese built a replica of it. The town of Hallstatt could develop because of the salt deposit nearby. Salt is still mined there today.
Here is a little guide about the Dachstein trip with several important remarks:
- Please bring your confirmation sheets which you got during sign-up
- Please make sure to wear good shoes (no Flip-Flops or something like that!)
- Take warm clothes because it is cold in the cave and on the mountain (2995 meter); on the mountain there may be snow
- Bring an umbrella in case of rain
- Prepare some snacks and beverages because it will be expensive in the restaurant on the mountain and we may not have enough time to get food there
- Bring sun screen if it is sunny
- Don't forget your camera
- Happy mood and lots of excitement!
PS: Free audio guide app for your phone available in several languages. For more info see: http://www.dachstein-salzkammergut.com/en/dachstein/service/audioguide-app/
WHEN: Saturday, 20th May 2017
MEETING POINT: Franz-Graf-Allee (next to the Opera house)
SIGN UP: During our office hours, from Tuesday, 10th May till Wednesday, 17th May 2017
PLEASE NOTE: If you take part in one of our trips, you do so at your own risk! We do not take any responsibility! Make sure that you have an appropriate insurance!