Join this year’s trip to Dachstein, which is the highest mountain in Styria and Upper Austria. In addition, the famous town of Hallstatt is on our schedule.
We will go up the mountain by cable car and have a guided tour in English in the Mammoth Cave. Afterwards, we are going to the spectacular viewing platform 5fingers. There you will have a wonderful view of the Hallstättersee lake and the Salzkammergut, which is a UNESCO World Heritage.
In the afternoon, we will visit the well-known town Hallstatt. It is so beautiful that the Chinese built a replica of it. The town of Hallstatt could develop because of the salt deposit nearby. Salt is still mined there today.
Here is a little guide about the Dachstein trip with several important remarks:
1. Please bring your confirmation sheets which you got during sign-up
2. Please make sure to wear good shoes (no Flip-Flops or something like that!)
3. Take warm clothes because it is cold in the cave and on the mountain (2995 meters); on the mountaion there may be snow
4. Bring an umbrella in case of rain
5. Prepare some snacks and beverages because it will be expensive in the restaurant on the mountain and we may not have enough time to get food there
6. Bring sunscreen it it is sunny
7. Don't forget your camera
8. Happy mood and lots of excitement!
7:15 Meeting point (Franz-Graf Allee, next to the Opera). Please be on time!
10:00 Cable car ride up the mountain
10:55 - 16:00 Guided tour in English trough the Mammoth Cave, visit of the viewing platform 5fingers
16:30 Trip to Hallstatt
18:30 Return to Graz
21:00 Arrival in Graz
Note: The schedule might be changed depending on the weather conditions and we cannot guarantee that all the attractions are open. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.
PS.: Free audio guide app for your phone available in several languages. For more informations visit: http://www.dachstein-salzkammergut.com/en/dachstein/service/audioguide-app/
WHEN: Saturday, 20th May 2017, from 07:30 a.m. until 09:00 p.m. the latest
MEETING POINT: at 07:15 at Franz-Graf-Allee (next to the Opera house)
COSTS: 40 € (55 € without ESNcard)
SIGN UP: During our office hours, from Wednesday, 10th May till Friday, 19th May 2017
PLEASE NOTE: If you take part in one of our trips, you do so at your own risk! We do not take any responsibility! Make sure that you have an appropriate insurance!